Sanskrit Mains Syllabus
The answers required in Sanskrit have to be written in the Devanagari script.
There will be three questions as indicated in the Question Paper which must be answered in Sanskrit. The remaining questions must be answered either In Sanskrit or in the medium of examination opted by the candidate.
- Significant features of the grammar, with particular stress on Sanina, Sandhi, Karalca, Samasa, Kartari, and!Omani vacays (voice usages) (to be answered in Sanskrit).
- Main characteristics of Vedic Sanskrit language.
- The prominent feature of classical Sanskrit language.
- Contribution of Sanskrit to linguistic studies.
- General Knowledge of:
- Literary History of Sanskrit
- Principle Trends of Literary Criticism
- The origin and development of literary genres of:
- Essentials of Indian Culture with stress on:
- Arts & Fine Arts
- Technical Sciences
- Trends of Indian Philosophy
- (a) Marnans3
- (b) Vedanta
- (c) Nyaya
- (d) Vaisesika
- (e) SanIchya
- (g) Bauddha
- (h) faina
- (i) Carvaka
- Short Essay (in Sanskrit)
- Unseen passage with the questions (to be answered in Sanskrit).
General Study of the following groups:
- Raghuvamsam: Kalidasa
- Kumarasambhavam: kalidasa
- Kiratarjuniyam: Bharavi
- Sisupalavadham: Magha
- Naisadhiacaritam: Sriharsa
- Kadambari: Banabhatta
- Dasakumaracaritam: Dandin
- Sivarajyodayam: S.B Varnekar
- Sundarakanda of Valmiki’s Ramayana
- Arthasastra of Kautilya
- Svapnavasavadattam- Bhasa
- Abhijnanasakuntalam- Kalidasa
- Mrichhakatikam- Sudraka
- Mudraraksasam- Visakhadatta
- Uttararamacaritam- Bhavbhuti
- Ratnavali- Sriharshavardhana
- Venisamharam- Bhattanarayana
Short notes In Sanskrit on the following:—
- (a) Meghadutam—ICalidasa
- (b) Nitisatakam—Shartrhari
- (c) Pancatantra—(d) Itajatarangini—Kalhana
- (e) Harsacaritam-Banabhatta
- (f) Amartikasatakain —Amaruka
- (g) Cltagovindam—layadeva.
- (a) Raghuvammm—Canton, Verses 1 to 10
- (b) Kumarasambhavam—Canto I, Verses to 10
- (c) Kiratarjuniyaue—Cantu I, Verses 1 to 10
- (a) IsavasyopanIsad—Verses-1. 2, 4, 6, 7, 15 and 18
- (b) Bhagavadgita II Chapter Verses13 to 25
- (c) Sundarakandam of Valmild CantolS, Verses 15 to 30 (Gaeta Press Edition)
- Meghadutam- Verses 1-10
- Nitisatakam- Verses 1-10 (Edited by DD. Kosambi Bhartiya Vidya Bhavan Publication)
- Kadambari- Sukanasopadesa (only)
- Svapnavasavadattam Act VI
- Abhijnansakuntalam Act IV verses 15-30 (M.R. Kale Edition)
- Uttararamacaritam Act I Verses 31-47 (M.R. Kale Edition)